Sunday, March 29, 2009

hammering it out...

well, so we didn't get the retreat weekend we had hoped for-- my mom and I had planned to go to Westridge Shores resort in Alexandria to do some major jewelry production work. We're getting ready for a craft show May 2nd and needed some uninterupted time to work. However, mother nature decided to interupt. My mom lives in Fargo and they're currently battling the Red River floods, so we are postponing for a couple of weeks.

But I did find time to hammer out some ideas, literally!

Do you ever seem to have so many ideas, you feel like your head is literally going to explode?? That's how I felt Friday and after putting Jaxon to bed, I went down to my studio and got to work. I played and played all weekend, anytime I had free time. I can't say I made any finished pieces, but I did have fun playing and experimenting with my torch, patinas, and hammering. And I think I got that little bug out of me so my head won't explode now.

It seems a lot of the blogs I read of other jewelry artists, most of them are full-time jewelry artists. If there's anyone out there who is a part-timer, has a 16 month old and an equally busy husband and volunteer and work life, I would love to know how you balance it all! I think that's why my head sometimes wants to explode... thank goodness for hammers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment