Monday, July 13, 2009

booth design... bleh

Booth design.
It's probably why most people stay away from craft shows and just stick to online and house parties. We spend all this time, energy, and effort, (and put lots of love into) making our handcrafted jewelry pieces so that we can brighten someone's day or inspire someone with a word, a charm, a sparkle.
All of that, and we have to design a booth??

Okay, I'm putting way too much pressure on myself (some would say that is typical) for our upcoming show. But it's our first outdoor show, and I'm hoping a good one, and since our last one was sort of a bust, we really want to do well.

I've been out and about at art fairs this summer-- not to shop-- but to snoop. There are so many creative booth setups out there-- I've been really inspired, overwhelmed, and excited by the booths alone, so I'm hoping ours is halfway decent. I even had my husband take a photo with his phone of a booth I really liked, pretending he was taking a picture of me.

Here are some photos of the booth in progress (in my garage):

This will be the main focus- our silver fused pendants.


Tagua nut pendants laid in a tray of mung beans. We made a trip to the asian market. I bought three bags of mung beans and three bags of a yellow bean, can't remember what it's called. The guy looked at me funny. Not sure why?

My lovely new rings that I adore ;-)






This table has all our earrings and river rock pendants.

Sort of hard to get a feel for it without being able to see it up close, but if you have any thoughts, suggestions or ideas, I'm open! Our show is July 25 in Pelican Rapids so I've got time to tweak it. And obviously I will not be using these table covers and more of the jewelry will be velcroed onto the floor tiles ;-)

Thanks for looking and wish us luck!

Oh, and we keep meaning to update our etsy site-- one of two things that was posted sold (wow!) so there's just one lonely pendant on there. So, look for more on our etsy site after we get through this next show. If there's anything you're dying to see more photos of though, let me know, I'm happy to share!
~B

No comments:

Post a Comment