Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pelicans, mung beans, and pendants, oh my!

Well, we survived our first outdoor craft show!

It started out as a very windy morning and to be quite honest, I was getting really nervous- as we were setting up, everything kept blowing over and off the tables. I wasn't quite sure how we were going to manage. But we got a little creative with some painter's tape and booth layout and figured it out.

Here are some photos from the weekend.

This is me at the end of the day... you can't tell, but I'm actually really exhausted. My back hurt, my head hurt, I was tired of explaining all the jewelry. Ah, the life of an artist.

Some shoppers, checking us out...


These are my new pendant design. These are glass beads riveted onto a piece of sheet metal that's been textured, filed, and polished in a tumbler. I just love them ;-) Most of the glass beads are made by Nikki from Thornburg Studios.

Here's a quick glimpse of the booth. Needs some tweaks, but overall, a vast improvement from our last show!

Here was the hit of the booth design. Not the jewelry (though the tagua nuts were popular). But rather the mung beans. Only cost $3 for all the beans and they really drew a crowd. I don't think Pelican Rapidsians had ever heard of mung beans judging by the blank stares I got when I told them what they were...
All in all, this was our most successful show so far and we really had a ton of fun. Now I need to decide what I'm going to treat myself to for all my hard work... a flex shaft? a new stamp set? a drill press? hammers??? How's a girl to decide??
Hope you all had a great weekend too!
~B



1 comment:

  1. The booth looks fantastic! Good lines, clean and very approachable! I don't think your pendants are too high...that is actually a good price for an artisan pendant....Glad it went so well!!!

    ReplyDelete