Friday, January 16, 2009

What would you do...

if you were brave today?

brave   /breɪv/ –adjective
1.
possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
2.
making a fine appearance.
3.
Archaic. excellent; fine; admirable.

I decided I'd be brave today, by calling myself an artist. For such a long time, I've been afraid to step outside my comfort zone, thinking I'm not really an artist, like you have to be a special person in order to be considered an artist (someone who wears a handknit sweater with jeans rolled up and cute funky boots hanging out, sporting the latest black rim glasses with a handmade eyeglass holder and beautifully forged funky sterling bracelets and earrings.)

But today, in my black velour pajama pants and long-sleeved white t-shirt and sheepskin slippers, with no glasses and no jewelry on, I made an executive decision to be brave. I will call myself an artist.

So, what would you do if you were brave today?

No comments:

Post a Comment